The Library has access to a new collection from Digimap, initially on a trial basis until 31st July 2020.
You will find this collection of Pilot Data in the main menu within Digimap, as shown below.
Digimap Pilot currently offers access to the following data.
Geomni data which consists of:
- UKMap a modern, highly detailed, feature-rich mapping database of Greater London. Its unique, innovative design offers users a flexible choice of integrated map features within a single geographic information source.
- UKBuildings a unique database created and regularly updated to help you understand the age, structure, characteristics and use, of commercial, public and residential buildings across the UK.
- UKLand a maintained, national land information database providing a detailed consistent breakdown of the use of land across the UK.
An EDINA Satellite data collection initially consisting of:
- Sentinel 2 derived cloud free optical mosaic for Great Britain, 2019.
- Sentinel 2 derived Near Infrared mosaic for Great Britain, 2019.
New datasets will be added when they become available.
Roam and Download
As with other Digimap collections, you can use Pilot data in two different ways: the first is for creating maps online; the other is for downloading data which enables further analysis and investigation in other packages:
- Use Roam to view, annotate and print maps online.
- Use Data Download to download data and load it into a GIS or CAD package for further manipulation
If you have any questions about this collection or want to offer any feedback, such as whether it would be a useful resources to subscribe to in the future, please contact me