An on demand TV and radio service for higher education
- Archive of more than 2 million broadcasts dating back to the 1990s
- Record from over 65 free-to-air TV and radio channels including the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 as well as foreign language channels. The full list is available here
- Searchable via programme transcripts and subtitles
- Create playlists, clips and clip compilations to use in presentations and/or share on social media
- Available both on and off campus, but please note that unlike our other online subscriptions this service is only available within the UK
- Share programmes, clips and playlists on social media
Access either by going directly to https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand (click on Sign in. Start typing Liverpool Hope then select from the drop down menu, or selecting from the A-Z list of databases on the library webpages. You will be prompted to login with your university username and password.
The first time that you use BoB you will be asked to register by providing your university email address. Simply follow the on screen instructions to complete the registration.
BoB how to guides
- Requesting a programmes using the Programme Guide
- Searching the archive
- Creating a playlist
- Creating a clip
You can view a series of video guides here
Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching (TRILT)
TRILT search supports more complicated searches than BoB. The two services are very closely linked, so if you find what you need in TRILT, you can click straight through to the relevant BoB record to watch it.
NB TRILT indexes a vast archive of programmes, so when searching you must remember to select Available on BoB in order to limit your search to those programmes we have access to.