What is it?
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) is an on demand TV and radio service for higher education. It allows staff and students to record programmes from over 65 free-to-air channels, and provides access to an archive of over 2 million broadcasts. You can access BoB on or off campus (but please note the service is only available within the UK).
What can I do?
- Access more than 2 million broadcasts dating back to the 1990s
- Record from over 65 free-to-air channels including BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, ITV, Channel 4, Film4 and Channel 5 as well as 10 foreign language channels. The full channel list is available here
- Create your own playlists, clips and clip compilations to use in lectures and seminars
- Search programme transcripts and subtitles
- Share programmes, clips and playlists on social media
- One-click citation for easy academic referencing
You can go directly to https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand and click on Sign in. Next, start typing Liverpool Hope and select our university from the drop down menu. You will be prompted to login with your university username and password.
Alternatively, find Box of Broadcasts in the A-Z of resources from Online Library, which you can access here
The first time that you use BoB, you will be asked to register by providing your university email address. Follow the instructions that you receive to complete the registration.
Have a look at these posts for instructions on using different aspects of BoB.
Requesting a recording
You can view a series of video guides here: