Start by looking at your course reading list or any recommended reading that your lecturers suggest. If there’s a particular book you want then simply enter the title into the library catalogue. Alternatively, you can search by entering a subject, keyword or author.
What can I borrow?
- You can borrow up to 10 books at a time (this increase to 15 for Level H students)
- Loan periods are for 24 hours, 7 days or 2 weeks
- Some items may be Reference Only, meaning you can’t take them out of the library
- You will need to get your library PIN from the Help point
Where are the books?
Mathematics books are located on the 1st floor of the library, mostly found between Shelf Marks 510-519, towards the back of the building. Some of the categories within this range include:
- Calculus: 515
- Game Theory: 519
- Graph Theory: 511
- Algebra: 512
- Numerical Methods/Analysis: 518
- History of Mathematics: 510.9
Some large textbooks (Quartos) are shelved separately in a different area on the 1st floor – ask if you’re not sure where this is.
And don’t forget about our Mathematics Ebook collection, from Springer.